A very short post because I had to download all my ~10,000 photos from Flickr recently and couldn't find a concise set of instructions for doing so. The question has been asked and answered many times on the web, but most of the advice revolves around using third-party services or desktop applications.
I don't know when Flickr added the ability to download photos in bulk, but by far the easiest way is now definitely by using Flickr.com, no extra tools required.
- Log in to Flickr.
- Go go "Camera roll" (under You in the menu or click here ).
- Click the first photo to select it.
- Scroll down to the very bottom of the page (this will take a while if you have lots of photos).
- Hold down Shift and click on the very last photo. This will select everything between the first and last photo i.e. all of them.
- Click "Download" near the bottom of the page.
If you have a large number of photos, they'll be split into multiple .zip files. Download them one at a time and unzip them wherever you like.
Subscribe to articles from the web category via RSS or ATOM